Athens County Board of Realtors: Mission Statement
The purpose of the Athens County Board of REALTORS is to serve the needs of our members, oversee the multiple listing service (MLS), and to advocate public policies beneficial to the real estate industry.
- To provide continuing education and training for our members.
- To facilitate the cooperation of brokers and agents in marketing and selling real estate through the MLS.
- To be the leading force advancing the real estate industry and preserving private property rights in Athens County Ohio and surrounding areas.
Goals and Strategies
- Goal 1: Be the voice of Real Estate in Athens County
- We will share the latest insights from local, state, and national real estate via the Association web page.
- We will maintain a website to share OAR, NAR, RPAC, CFA and local real estate information.
- We will publish local real estate knowledge, tips, and info in our local newspapers &/or website.
- Goal 2: Encourage Community Service
- We will encourage and create ways for members to become an active part of our community.
- We will assist realtors in encouraging the community to take part in local outreach programs and events.
- We will encourage membership to local organizations.
- Goal 3: Leadership through trust
- Members will be welcome to voice concerns at open board meetings.
- A voting booth will be implemented for the selection of new board members.
- Electronic open dialogue will be available to members.
- Goal 4: Membership Connectivity
- Events will be posted on the Association web page and open to all Realtors.
- Realtor Activities will be planned and posted on the Association web page.